Ghosts! Incidental racism! Unsatisfactory endings!
What is Friendship! Effort! Victory!? – It’s a podcast examining the ongoing history of Shueisha’s 45-year old comics anthology Weekly Shonen Jump, and the hundreds of titles it has published over that period of time, placing each of them under the spotlight and looking at what they were, what happened, what they meant, and so on.
What is Shaman King? – Shaman King is the 1998 sophomore serial from Hiroyuki Takei, telling the story of Yoh Asakura as he forms bonds with spirits and fights with other shamans for the right to become God. It’s a little weird. It’s also one of the more notable early Shonen Jump licenses for Viz Media, and a title whose anime adaptation formed a part of the anime boom of the early noughties in the west. It’s also a bit of a mess that was cancelled quite brutally. Lots to talk about, then.
– Want to know more about Shaman King, Hiroyuki Takei, or some of the many, MANY, Shaman King-related comics, then wikipedia and the Shaman King Wikia have you covered as such:
– Want to buy Shaman King? There’s a fair few ways for you to do that!
- Physically in English! Available in most good comic retailers, or indeed Amazon (UK) (US)
- Digitally in English! Available on Nook (UK) (US), Kindle (UK) (US), or through Viz Media (US/CA)
- Physically in Japanese! Kanzenban editions still in print, on sale through Amazon JP or YesAsia
- Digitally in Japanese! EbookJapan!
– Want to know more about Weekly Shonen Jump? Wikipedia has you covered.
–Are you in AMERICA? CANADA? THE UK? IRELAND? SOUTH AFRICA? AUSTRALIA? NEW ZEALAND? Weekly Shonen Jump. Available on apple devices and android.
-Are you AMERICAN? CANADIAN? You can also get Shonen Jump manga digitally over at Viz Manga dot com
–FEV is on iTunes, where subscriptions and reviews are always welcome
-You can find me on twitter at Maxy_Barnard, or on tumblr at The Despondent
-Music used: “Into Planet”, “Loser!”, from Jump Ultimate Stars. All tracks as such belong to Ganbarion.
GALLERY POST COMING SOON